Tagged: How to fall asleep quickly
- May 17, 2018 at 12:46 pm #191
- Do not eat before going to bed. If you eat before going to sleep, the body will be energized and the muscles of the stomach will be activated. It is these factors that prevent you from falling asleep. It is best to eat for 2-3 hours before bedtime.
- Take a shower a few hours before you go to bed. Be sure to dry your hair before you go to bed.
- Do not watch TV or sit at the computer. Researches of scientists showed that watching TV significantly slows down the process of falling asleep.
- Before you go to bed, try to calm down and relax. To do this, read a book or add an entry in the diary of your day. But if you try to do a complete list of cases, then your brain will continue to work and after you go to bed.
Change into your pajamas. If you will be cold, then put on a robe, and if it’s hot, you can sleep in either underwear or naked.
- Determine what helps you sleep well. Understand what should be the light in the room, what should be the temperature, etc. Create for yourself comfortable conditions in the bedroom.
- Wash, brush your teeth and go to the toilet.
- Before going to sleep, it’s worth making a list of things to do tomorrow. Thus, your brain will stop thinking about what will happen tomorrow.
- Adjust the lighting so that you feel comfortable.
- Take a comfortable pose in bed. Try to do it so that you can be still and warm.
- Set the alarm at the correct time and volume.
- Take care of business that does not cause noise.
- Make a soothing playlist. Silent and not fast music will help you tune in the right way.
What to do after you turn off the lights
- Think only of the good. You can count the sheep
- Take a comfortable position of the body. Think about what you have achieved or want to achieve.
- Relax and tell yourself that you will quickly fall asleep. Do not let the thought into your head.
The method of falling asleep for one minute is “4-7-8”
1. Quietly inhale through the nose for 4 seconds.
2. Hold your breath for 7 seconds.
3. After that, do not hurry to exhale through the mouth for 8 seconds.
How the 4-7-8 method works
When you feel stress or anxiety, the amount of adrenaline in your blood increases and your breathing becomes quick and shallow. The “4-7-8” method acts as a sedative. Holding the breath with a slow exhalation inevitably slows down the heart rate. This is physiology.
This practice also calms your mind. Just because you need to constantly count and focus on your breathing. At this moment you do not realize this, but your central nervous system will gradually calm down, and the feeling of anxiety will go away. The effectiveness of this technique will be confirmed by any neurologist.
As a result, your entire body relaxes. By the speed and strength of the effect, this is a hike in anesthesia.
The study of this method was taken by the doctor of medical sciences from Harvard Andrew Vail. He found out that the practice of “4-7-8” has been known for several centuries to Indian yogis. They used it during their meditations to achieve complete relaxation. So we can consider it absolutely safe.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.