- With bleeding from the nose, many almost reflexively tilt their head back. This can not be done, since the blood on the back wall of the nasopharynx will drain into the larynx, and from there it can accidentally get into the airways or into the stomach, causing vomiting. Also, it’s wrong to lie down on the pillow.
- You have to sit down, tilt your head forward and press your chin to your chest.
Attach a handkerchief, soaked in cold water, or ice wrapped in a napkin. The cold will help narrow the blood vessels, this will reduce the bleeding.
- Dip into the nose vasoconstrictive drops from the cold. In an emergency, 2-3 drops of freshly squeezed lemon juice can replace them.
- If the bleeding is not very strong, with your thumb and index finger, press the wings of the nose to the nasal septum and breathe through the mouth. After 5-7 minutes, the blood usually stops.
- You can use the method of su-dzhok: for 10 minutes, drag the thumb of the hand at the level of the middle of the nail with a string or with a rubber band. This zone corresponds reflexively to the area of the nose.
- In case of severe bleeding, insert into the nostrils the cotton bubuds,oistened in a 3% solution of hydrogen peroxide, in sea-buckthorn or dog-rose oil or simply in water. Tampon hold for about half an hour. If it cools to the wall of the nose, do not try to tear it off. This can cause a repeated, even more severe bleeding. First, soak the swab with water, then gently pull it out. If these measures did not lead to a blood stop, call for an “ambulance”.
What causes bleeding?
To the nose fit a large number of blood vessels, so even the smallest injury can cause heavy bleeding. Blood from the nose happens with a cold , because of the drying of the mucus in the cold, with dry air in the room. This condition can also occur with poor blood coagulability, as well as those who take acetylsalicylic acid and other blood thinning drugs. Often, the cause of bleeding is increased blood pressure.
Humidify the room air with a steam generator, you can also put wet towels on the battery, spray the room with a spray gun. Help to moisten the air and houseplants.
If the nose often forms crusts, periodically dig in the nose 2-3 drops of sea buckthorn oil or rosehip oil.
With frequent bleeding caused by increased fragility of the vessels, ascorbic acid, rutin is shown.
Increase the coagulability of blood helps herbal teas from nettles, yarrow, mountaineer bird, plantain, leaves and fruits of sea-buckthorn, as well as a 5-10% solution of calcium chloride. It is taken 1-2 teaspoons 2-3 times a day after meals. This drug reduces the permeability of the vascular wall.
Bleeding caused by poor blood coagulability can be associated with a lack of vitamin K. Its source is spinach, lettuce, all kinds of cabbage, avocados, bananas, wheat bran, soy, meat, eggs, milk and dairy products, olive oil.
When do I need help from a doctor?
Abundant and often recurring bleeding is an occasion to consult a therapist or otolaryngologist. If the problem in the defect of the vascular wall, as a rule, prescribe the moxibustion of the vessel with the help of liquid nitrogen, laser or radio wave surgery. Bleeding caused by increased blood pressure, especially can not be ignored, they signal an increased risk of strokes.